BIPEX 2007

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Andrew

BIPEX 2007

Post by Andrew »

I see from the Postcard Fair information that BIPEX 2007 is only running for three days this year (30th August - 1st September) instead of the expected 4 days.

Could someone confirm that this is correct, as it has previously been held over 4 days, and I would hate to miss out on a day.

Many thanks
Andrew

kevinramsdale

Re: BIPEX 2007

Post by kevinramsdale »

Andrew wrote:I see from the Postcard Fair information that BIPEX 2007 is only running for three days this year (30th August - 1st September) instead of the expected 4 days.

Could someone confirm that this is correct, as it has previously been held over 4 days, and I would hate to miss out on a day.

Many thanks
Andrew
Yes, you have the correct dates there.

Full details:

http://www.postcard.co.uk/show.php
Kevin

MichaelDay
Site Admin

Post by MichaelDay »

Yes... this years event runs from the the Thursday 30th August till Saturday 2nd September and is three days instead of four.

As far as I'm aware the reduction in costs and overheads as a result of reducing the show down to three days has encouraged a few more dealers to participate..
Last edited by MichaelDay on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thank you

Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

"Bipex" always seems very quiet on the second day - very pleasant, compared with the business of some fairs. Last year a dealer commented that there was talk of moving the event to Docklands and looked a bit indignant when I said that in that case I would think twice about coming because it would be a bit further for me to travel.

Moonraker

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I was only there the second, third and fourth days last year, and it was indeed pleasant to be able to get to stalls without difficulty. I intend to be there all three days this year, provided that I don't overspend early on.

If it is crowded, then the likelihood is I'll spend less, as it will be harder to get to the dealers' stalls.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I'm getting all psyched up for the BIPEX at the end of the month. Maybe I can meet some of you guys there.

It will be good to match faces with the names from here.