Hello everyone

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

fuelmyblog

Hello everyone

Post by fuelmyblog »

Hi all,

Firstly I'd like to introduce myself. I live in La Rochelle in France and moved out here last year from Hertfordshire. I own a website called fuelmyblog.com hence the username, so if anyone has a blog, be good to see you.

Why did I join? I have a collection of thousands of postcards dating from 60's and 70's right up to present day, a total range covering every subject known.
I just found one in there with a 1904 watermark so have some "old ones" too. Just wondered if anyone knew of any rare cards or a way of insuring (if they are worth anything), I may be able to help with anyone looking for collectors cards, I haven't opened the storage box in 15 years so who knows what'll be in there, I have stacks to add to it too.

Thanks

Kevin

RAFPOL

Post by RAFPOL »

:D Hello Kevin. Welcome aboard. When you do "Open up" and find any comic picture postcards, then keep old "John Boy" here up to speed!!!

Kind Regards "John Boy"

fuelmyblog

Post by fuelmyblog »

John

The one dated OCT 1904 is a cartoon, "Addled Ads" WANTED. Doorkeeper wanted must be over 6 feet, cartoon of guy with six feet!

Loads more cartoons in the box.

RAFPOL

Post by RAFPOL »

Kevin. Thanks. If you come across any Pedro or Trow comics, please let me know. "John Boy"

fuelmyblog

Post by fuelmyblog »

Will do.

I'll take a look when I get a minute, are all postcards of interest to people or simple those with an old date or certain subject ie cartoon? What should I look out for? Any top tips would be welcome, I only really want the cards that relate to my family and friends.