Picture Postcard Show

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

ECooper

Picture Postcard Show

Post by ECooper »

My first visit to Picture Postcard Show this year, which is how I found out about this website and forum.

I've been to others including larger Woking fair and Twickenham before but this was a different experience. Didn't find as many cards for my collection as hoped but have found it difficult lately anyway. It was good to be able to talk to dealers in their own "space" and enjoyed the day out.

MichaelDay
Site Admin

Post by MichaelDay »

As a dealer/stanholder I much prefer the panelling for the show for many reasons...

the wall space you can use for displays - or simply to tell the public who you are!

the privacy they provide - I get along with most other dealers but there are a few I might not like to sit next to for three / four days.

acoustics - in a busy hall they make it easier to chat with clients / fellow collectors

I know many dealers have suggested losing the stands to cut costs but they are one of the things that make the PPS (BIPEX) a bit different from other events

ECooper

Post by ECooper »

Thanks, it's certainly helpful to be able to talk to dealers. I collect a few obscure themes and often need to ask where they might be, besides which I just like to chat and more about the subject. Not all fairs are suitable for this. I agree with the point about displays, some were very attractive but other dealers had made no effort at all.

Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

MichaelDay wrote:As a dealer/stanholder I much prefer the panelling for the show for many reasons...

I know many dealers have suggested losing the stands to cut costs but they are one of the things that make the PPS (BIPEX) a bit different from other events
I agree.

Moonraker

reflections

Post by reflections »

The Picture Postcard Show has a unique atmosphere and flavour in terms of UK fairs. As the annual showpiece of the postcard hobby it has a crucial role.