SUDOCARDS

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

wakadowakado

SUDOCARDS

Post by wakadowakado »

I have recently designed and compiled a new product with the title above. I would be interested to hear if the experienced
members of this excellent site think that a card featuring sudoku puzzles combined with different enjoyable subjects would eventually be collectible. A free download is available on my site http://www.sudocard.co.uk ALL comments and help woul be appreciated Brian

ECooper

Re: SUDOCARDS

Post by ECooper »

It's an interesting idea, Though i'm not sure it will take off. My wife likes sudoku, personally I don't have the patience for it. Are they really postcards, with postcard back etc.?

I notice we're not supposed to post links anymore on here. I'd had a message deleted a few weeks back and wondered why but it seems now it's official. UInless your a 'PTA' member

Good luck with the project anyway!

wakadowakado

Post by wakadowakado »

Hi ECooper, and all those for words of encouragement. The basic concept of the card is Sudoku and part image or illustration on the face side together with traditional spacing and sizing the reverses with solutions The product can be sent or collected. Many thanks for your inputs Brian

Reminiscene

Post by Reminiscene »

Not sure about how Sudoku puzzles on postcards would be accepted. However, a year or so ago I did manage to sell quite a number of greetings cards with Sudoku puzzles on them. Why not give your postcards a try on a well known internet auction site? It would be interesting to see if they sell and, if so, whether they were purchased by puzzlers or postcard collectors.
Reminiscene Vintage Postcards and Photographs
http://www.reminiscene.co.uk and http://reminiscene1.blogspot.com

MichaelDay
Site Admin

Post by MichaelDay »

ECooper wrote:I notice we're not supposed to post links anymore on here. I'd had a message deleted a few weeks back and wondered why but it seems now it's official. UInless your a 'PTA' member
Ok. I'll try to explain..
The messageboard and postcard.co.uk website is provided by the Postcard Traders Association and although volunteers such as myself give up our time freely to work on it all the other costs are met by the funds generated from membership subscriptions.

The website has two main functions -
1. to help and promote the interests and businesses of the members of the PTA
2. to promote the hobby of postcard collecting.

So we are pleased to help collectors, clubs etc where we can by supplying information and links and providing this forum for discussion. What we can't really do is allow this board to become a free-for-all for dealers linking to their own websites, when they have opted not to take membership.

The message of yours I deleted was to a sales site for a non-member dealer. I've left the Sudocards link on for the time being as although technically it's a sales site, it's an interesting and innovative idea that doesn't conflict with anything any of our members are doing.

Always happy to see links to informative or collectors websites and any suggestions for the main sites links page!

wakadowakado

Post by wakadowakado »

Hi Michael, Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to evaluate from your members' opinions as to whether the new idea
may prove worthwhile in the future. My next set will be advertised in Reflections soon Best regards Brian