Inherited large collection and need some suggestions.

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Daffypuck

Inherited large collection and need some suggestions.

Post by Daffypuck »

I recently inherited a large collection of postcards and was needing some advice on a few things. Thank goodness theyre sorted by subject matter or Id have no idea of what I have. Ive been given the responsibility of selling the collection and splitting the profit with my sister. Im beginning to get an idea of twhat to look for, but was wondering, How should I sort them further? As far as value is concerned. Should I sepearate them by decades and type? My Stepmother had an offer of a dime percard for the whole collection but turned it down. In my personal opinion, I think she shouldve taken it. 60,000 @ a dime a piece is a fair take. There is a convention later this summer near me, So unless I sell them before then, Ill probably take them there and sell them. If any of yall are looking for anything, Just let me know and Ill do my best to accomadate. The collection contains cards from 1900-1980, linen cards & photo as well. Ive only gone through a handful thus far, But I wish there were some sports related cards. There still might be, But I doubt it. Mostly things, places and people. Thanx.

Heres a link to an album of some snapshots of various random cards. Nothing special, But perhaps I might have something thatll make someone whose passionate about them a little happier.

Heres the link:http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... nkid=link4

Kelv

Re: Inherited large collection and need some suggestions.

Post by Kelv »

Wow - what a collection. And such variety - no wonder you don't know where to start. A dime a card sounds pretty cheap to me but it depends on whether you have the time to sort them and sell them individually. The value depends on so many factors. Do you have any Greek ones in there at all?

Daffypuck

Post by Daffypuck »

AS I go through each box I take snapshots, Scans would take too long, And add them to the album link I have. Im headed to the garage to retrieve another box. Ill look for Greek ones. Ill add another link if I find any. Anything in particular? Any time period? Fortunately they are categorized for me by subject. Heres a rough list of what I do know I have:

All 50 states with smaller towns as well
About 30 countries
Fishing
Animals
RPPC of mainly people, But some places, landscapes, bldgs, events etc.
American Revolution
The Royal Family
Presidents (USA)
Ntl parks
Cars
Planes
Heres a new updated link with more RPPC: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... -g&notag=1

kevinramsdale

Post by kevinramsdale »

A list of North American postcard dealers appears at:

http://www.postcard.co.uk/dealers_north_america.php

Some may be interested in purchasing this collection (though as this is a UK based site there aren't many on the list)
Kevin

Fotorelics

Post by Fotorelics »

Hi,
There are some nice cards in your pictures that I am interested in - please contact me at richwrob@gmail.com - I am in the USA
Thanks, Rich