Introduction & Query

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Brianz

Introduction & Query

Post by Brianz »

I am new to the Forum and very pleased to have found it. I am a member of the Toronto Post Card Club and collect Gruss Aus, Artist Signed postcards of dogs, other Artist Signed and British Published postcards.

I am currently working on assembling a collection of artist signed dog postcards (in series) by artist, Arthur Wardle. I am seeking more series and biographical information on the artist than I have been able to find to date.

My query, however, is on a different topic. I am considering the purchase of several cards published by S. Hildesheimer & Co., Ltd., series 5299. I understand this is a long series and would like to obtain some idea of how long or - better - a checklist if anyone knows of one.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Brian

Colin

Re: Introduction & Query

Post by Colin »

Hello Brianz,

Though I don't think I can help much with your queries I am curious about your collecting specialties. In particular, what got you started on artist signed dog postcards? (Come to think of it I think I have a few Hildesheimers . . . I'll check my collection. But nothing like a checklist of all their titles.)

If you'd like to share a little bit about your collecting history and preferences, there's a thread called "Most appealing subject of postcard collecting" on which I actually posted a note to you (in my June 19 post to Andrew). I like to use existing topics if possible rather than starting new threads, and "Most appealing subject . . ." has seemed a good place to discuss a number of aspects of my own collection.

Hope to hear from you. Colin

Dave43

Post by Dave43 »

Your post was a while ago but if you look on the post "Edgar Longstaffe" chap gives website for S Hildesmeiser or what ever, sorry I'm not very good at these things! dave

Brianz

Post by Brianz »

Thanks Dave43. Unfortunately it looks like that URL has been transferred to another with a non-postcard related topic. I appreciate your effort on my behalf, though. - Brian