hello all

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

ijrowley

hello all

Post by ijrowley »

hello all
My name is Ian and I am new to the collecting world , any tips on where to buy , what to buy etc would be welcome, also as a matter of interest what do you collect . Regards Ian

Andrew

Re: hello all

Post by Andrew »

Hi Ian. Welcome to the world of postcard collecting. Have you thought of any area of interest you want to follow.

For me it's British castles. I started by buying modern cards (at least, they WERE modern when I bought them). Then I moved to older cards - preferably pre-1940. My first purchases came from small "antique" shops. Now most of my cards are purchased on e-bay or from postcard fairs, although given the opportunity to scour antique shops, I still do, anywhere I go.

Try and locate a postcard fair in your area - for me my best one is Canterbury. Then I tried the BIPEX in London - postcard heaven for three days.