Raphael Tuck - request

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

cmdse

Raphael Tuck - request

Post by cmdse »

I wonder if anyone could help me with this questions:

1) When was RMSP serie 9 published ?
2) Were all 9 sets of RMSP series published at the same time ?
3) When was WWW serie 7960 published ?
4) When was WWW serie 8916 published ?
5) When was WWW serie 8917 published ?
6) When was serie LOS ANDES published ?
7) In RMSP serie 9, only six of the twelve views are signed by Charles E. Flower, are the other six really anonymous or they can be attribute to Charles E. Flower as well ?
8 ) If the unsigned views were painted by Flower, why his name does not appears on them? printing error ?
9) If Flower did not paint them, then who did ?
10) Where can I get an image of Raphael Tuck ?
11) Where can I get a portrait of Charles Edwin Flower ?
12) An image of Raphael's House (Tuck's head office in London) ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Daniel

Andrew

Re: Raphael Tuck - request

Post by Andrew »

Wow! Lots of questions. Daniel, I have a number of Raphael Tuck postcards, but as a return question, were these series of specific locations, on specific topics, or random? All my postcards are of castles. I'll have to check which series they come from.

cmdse

Re: Raphael Tuck - request

Post by cmdse »

Andrew wrote:Wow! Lots of questions. Daniel, I have a number of Raphael Tuck postcards, but as a return question, were these series of specific locations, on specific topics, or random? All my postcards are of castles. I'll have to check which series they come from.
RMSP serie 9 and Wide Wide World serie 7960, 8916 and 8917 are views of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
LOS ANDES serie are views of Mendoza, Argentina
Regards,

Daniel