early post card from sudan

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

airamerica

early post card from sudan

Post by airamerica »

I have an old post card from teh French Soudan, maybe 1900-1907, can somebody help me with the publicher?
Thank you.
The post card is here
Nicky
race-to-bamako.com

About Postcards

Re: early post card from sudan

Post by About Postcards »

Hello,
I'm not sure if this helps but there is an unused copy of this postcard on delcampe at the moment ( item 69646844). To the lower left corner, obscured by the stamp on your copy, is a circular logo with the word Phot to the top and the company name A B & Co or perhaps A B & O to the centre of the circle It's possible that the logo is something added by the seller to protect his image rights but I don't think so.

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

- that appears to be the case from the previous reply and a search against the full title 'SENEGAL et SOUDAN - casseurs de Pierres' on delcampe reveals that there are 5 examples currently for sale at the moment! - the price varies from 4euros to 15euros! - and no further clues to the publisher unfortunately, but they all have that circular logo in the bottom left corner -

I did a similar search on ebay and found no examples of this postcard ........

good luck
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

airamerica

Post by airamerica »

Thank you !
I have to loock for thIs A B & Co!
It looks like AB & Cie...
i find some postcards in the Arhive National du Senegal with this logo!