Fleetwood , Lancashire

Post a list of cards you're looking for in this section.

Moderator: MichaelDay

peridot

Fleetwood , Lancashire

Post by peridot »

Hi

I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I am trying to replace a collection of Fleetwood postcards from the 1960's and find myself one short and for which I have been searching through the usual channels for a considerable time. For those who know the place, it is a black and white viewcard, deckle edged from recollection and may have been published by Bamforths. The view is of the old wooden Lifeboat House on the Esplanade at high tide, with trawlers going out to sea. I think it may havre been in the ET series but cannot be sure now as my original was lost a long time ago.

An odd thing is that though I have baaan looking for the card for a long time, I have never come across anyone else who has seen it, either collector or dealer, which I find strange as the same cards of Fleetwood turn up ad nauseam. Can anyone as well as helping me find the card, offer a reason for this, such as small approval print runs, to see how they sold and not proceeded with due to poor sales, or is it just that they have all disappeared? I do know people with very large collections of the town, who have never seen it.

Any help, or better still the card, gratefuily appreciated-I am sure it must be about-Are there any means of reference to find out for sure the Publishers and serial number?

Thanks

Peridot

peridot

Re: Fleetwood , Lancashire

Post by peridot »

Hi again

In view of the nil response to my question above, can I please ask dealers who may have these type of cards through their hands to look out for the one I have described and similarly collectors who may see it, if they would please buy it and I will reimburse?

Also can anyone tell me whether cards such as this i.e. 1960's black and white seaside viewcards, were included and listed in the Scherer-Silman Bamforth index?

Thanks

Peridot :)