On The Round December 1908

Post a list of cards you're looking for in this section.

Moderator: MichaelDay

uktony

On The Round December 1908

Post by uktony »

Hello all

Just found this site and this is my first post. Apologies if I should introduce myself elsewhere first

I am looking for a post card entitled "On the round December 1908 Landguard Road East Southsea"

It depicts a man (my great grandfather) pushing a handcart in the snow, with his son (my great uncle) in front. The handcart is loaded with what appears to be milkchurns.

I have no other information I'm afraid, though do have a poor quality photocopy of the original card.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

About Postcards

Re: On The Round December 1908

Post by About Postcards »

Long shots

1. Does your photocopy of the postcard have any publisher or photographer identification, usually just initials and/or a number or a logo to one of the corners? It might help locate a source.

2. Does the caption look to be printed or handwritten? The former would suggest a card published in some volume and therefore easier to locate, the latter might suggest a local photographer which may best be located via Hampshire Library sources.

3. Do you have a work address for your Granddad, presumably a dairy. If yes then the Hampshire library service or national archives might be able to help.

If you have any of the above, post the details here and I'm sure others will try to help.