Sheffield and Rotherham Railway

Post a list of cards you're looking for in this section.

Moderator: MichaelDay

PeteRollo

Sheffield and Rotherham Railway

Post by PeteRollo »

Hello to all! - this is my first post on this forum - although I have posted occasionally on the facebook page
I have just about completed a book about the Sheffield and Rotherham Railway. The railway officially opened 31st October 1838. At that time Fox Talbot had not even mastered his photography, never mind picture postcards being produced!
What I am looking for is any postcards, tickets, timetables, etc of the railway that may have been produced in later years, when it became part of the North Midland etc.
Sheffield Wicker station (not the one on the bridge btw) and Goods yards, Holmes Station, Masbro' (Masbrough) Station, Rotherham Westgate Station, Early Westgate, Greasbro' (Greasbrough) Canal. Also trains of the line. Early ones were Victory, London, Agilis, Leeds (although I very much doubt they would be about). Very early Sheffield Castle Market (The Tontine Hotel stood there until circa 1845 - It was an important meeting venue). Early Sheffield Cutlers Hall.
Of course, I would give due recognition within the book for any info or parts of pictures - inc watermark etc...- and web link to anything coming my way.
Thanks in hopeful anticipation.

Pete Rollo :D