Pontefract Wanted

Post a list of cards you're looking for in this section.

Moderator: MichaelDay

PontefractWanted

Pontefract Wanted

Post by PontefractWanted »

Hi,

I collect Pontefract postcards 1900-1950, little hobby of mine. Currently exhausted Delcampe, eBid, eBay, HipPostcards over the past 6 months, plus rinsed out PTA member C&S Promotions who kindly went through their stock after I got in touch!

Don't need any multiviews, and have my fill of Market Place, Buttercross, Pontefract Park lake, don't really need anything from the Castle, don't need Pontefract New Hall, don't need All Saints Church.

However my collection could do with:

- Horsefair / Horse Fair
- Gillygate
- Monkhill Railway station
- Pontefract Infirmary / Hospital
- Pontefract Barracks
- Ropergate
- Southgate
- Front Street
- Alexandra Theatre
- Crescent Cinema
- Salter Row
- Wakefield Road
- Mill Hill
- Tanshelf
- A postcard showing the new church bells (very specific I know, annoyingly could have had this for £8 on eBay but forgot to bid!)
- Social history (e.g. sports teams, groups)
- I'll look at anything published by H. Burniston, but probably have most of them
- Sessions House / Court of Justice (have a good RP but its a bit faded).

Also, just outside of Pontefract, but I need Ackworth Hall. Again, have one but its faded.

And wouldn't mind an undivided back postcard which is addressed to a Pontefract recipient, got one but its one of those annoying postcards which don't scan very well.

Anything from the villages of Darrington or Carleton just south of Pontefract also considered.

Would be really grateful if you sellers could have a little look and get in touch via this forums messaging system or by email (address below) if you think you have anything that might be of interest to me. If it is currently listed on Delcampe, eBid, eBay, HipPostcards then please don't suggest as I don't need, however I'd be happy to complete any purchases if you have anything I need via those marketplaces, or via paypal.

Many thanks,

Ryan
ryankett@live.co.uk