WALFORD BODIE POSTCARDS

Post a list of cards you're looking for in this section.

Moderator: MichaelDay

jim cain

WALFORD BODIE POSTCARDS

Post by jim cain »

Hello. I am a collector seeking postcards or pictures of the famous Scottish entertainer, Walford Bodie, and his troupe, including Helen Norman, Nellie Langtry, or Norman Mills. Also Music Hall entertainers Marie Lloyd or George Formby (senior), or Harry Lauder. Happy to buy or trade, as required. Interested in postcards, pictures or articles for any member of the Bodie family or troupe, or any associated persons. Very keen collector of Bodie memorabillia.

marchorne

Re: WALFORD BODIE POSTCARDS

Post by marchorne »

Dear Jim,

I wonder if you can help me?
My name is Marc Horne and I am a reporter with Scotland on Sunday newspaper.
This weekend we are looking to run an article about Walford Brodie.
I understand you are the foremost authority on this fascinating character and I would be keen, is possible, to pick your brains.
The reason we are focusing Brodie is Aberdeenshire Council's decision to demolish the Brodie Fountain in Macduff and rebuild it brick-by-brick in another part of the town.
My understanding was that the fountain was in its present location because of its proximity to Brodie's former residence.
What is your opinion about the attempts to move the fountain and do you think it will be opposed by the relatives of the great man?
Also, it would be great if you could give me your view on why The Wizard of the North is so significant. It seems to me to be a real shame that he is largely forgotten in his home country.

Many thanks for your help and best wishes,

Marc

mhorne@scotlandonsunday.com

jim cain

Re: WALFORD BODIE POSTCARDS

Post by jim cain »

Hello Marc. Thank you for your reply to my post. Unfortunately, I have only just read your reply today. I have drafted up a response, and sent it to your email address, but it has been returned. Can you confirm your email address please, or provide me with a new address to send to. Sincere apologies for the delay. Best regards, Jim Cain