Early Film Stars - Beagles, Lilywhite, Rotary?

Post a list of cards you're looking for in this section.

Moderator: MichaelDay

Pebbles64

Early Film Stars - Beagles, Lilywhite, Rotary?

Post by Pebbles64 »

I have just inherited my mothers large film star postcard collection (between 500-600 cards). She collected them as a child, during the 40's, in Holland. My Dutch grandmother also collected postcards of filmstars, but during a bad bout of her Altzeimers, she had a fit of anger and destroyed pretty much all of them. I wanted to re-build the collection, and have noticed some really nice ones that I thought would be good to start with, as they are easily identifiable!

The ones I wanted to get are the Beagles, Lilywhite and Rotary ones with the embellished boarders on them. (there is also an unnamed publisher doing these boarders, but their cards are not numbered) Can anyone tell me how I go about getting these or if they have any that I can have/buy? I have just 7 of these to start with, and have found some pictures, id numbers on some internet collecting sites, and prices on e-bay for some others. I'd quite like to get some full lists and pictures of what they look like, even if I have to make this 'catalogue' myself!

How do I know what is an expensive card, or which is a reasonably priced one?

Any advice would be really well received!

I will also be collecting what I can of modern day actors I think, just to keep tradition going! :-)