Making Your Own Postcards

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

davyj

Making Your Own Postcards

Post by davyj »

Has anybody ever tried printing their own postcards, maybe of local scenes or events.
If you have can you tell me where you have them done, i have tried the likes of vistaprint, which are very good but i would like to produce some in small quantities.
Maybe some someone out there may have some ideas, maybe a small inkjet printer and some good quality card.
I have tried looking into this before but have never been able to get hold of any descent quality & size card.
The reason i ask this, is back in the old days the local photographers would make a small collection of cards of local events i thought that would be nice to do and to keep a part of todays history for the future.

Any ideas would be greatfully received.
Many Thanks.

Post2

POSTCARD COLLECTING

Post by Post2 »

Hi

You could try Clear Thought Publications, as they have a Postcard Print & Supply Service. You can purchase postcards from them singly or up to a maximum of ten per order at around 50p or 60p each. You can also send them your own photos to have printed as postcards.

The following link takes you directly to the relevant page:

http://www.clear-thought.org.uk/postcard1.aspx

Hope this is of some help.

Regards.
Last edited by Post2 on Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

That's really great. I'd been searching for some time, without success, for something similar.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. :D

davyj

Post by davyj »

Many Thanks Post2, I Look Forward To Trying Them The Prices Look Reasonable As Well.
Its Nice To See A Company Deal In Small Quantities.

Like You Andrew I Have Been Looking For Ages To Find Someone Like This.

Once Again Many Thanks Post2 :D

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I've just sent a cheque off to "Clear Thought" for my first batch. It will be interesting to see how good the cards are. If I am satisfied, I may make another order.

davyj

Post by davyj »

Andrew Have You Looked At Your Private Messages ?

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

No, I hadn't - but have now. 'tis too late to change my mind. I'll see how they come out. Mine are of old prints, so ......

Not to worry - it's not a huge amount.
I'll report back later.

Post2

Post by Post2 »

Hi

I received my postcards from Clear Thought yesterday and was very pleased with them. Will definitely use them again. Hope yours come out O.K. Andrew.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

My batch arrived today. I am pleased with the outcome. The monochrome ones seemed to be of better quality than the coloured ones, but I think that is down to the images I provided, rather than the printing. I will be using them again - but will wait to see how much money I spend at the postcard fair at the Horticultural Halls at the end of the month.

Andrew

Re: Making Your Own Postcards

Post by Andrew »

Unfortunately, because of the relatively low number of people making use of the Photo-Postcard service offered through Clear Thought™ Publications, this service has now been discontinued.

jmharbour

Re: Making Your Own Postcards

Post by jmharbour »

i produce my own greeting cards from my favourite old postcards.it appears that supermarket prints are very competatively priced, and if you buy a quantity,that can reduce them even further.have a look at my website http://www.oldscotlandinphotographs.co.uk to get a better idea of quality