searching for equestrian statues

Post a list of cards you're looking for in this section.

Moderator: MichaelDay

René Albert

searching for equestrian statues

Post by René Albert »

I'm collecting postcards of historic persons on horseback: equestrian statues. From all over the world. I prefer a close up (a card with only the statue), but always the hole person or the hole statue, not a part. Never a picture from behind. No allegoric figures, but kings, generals, liberators, etc.
Thanks,
René Albert from Holland of the historic person

Dave43

Re: searching for equestrian statues

Post by Dave43 »

you could look out for: Duke of Wellington, there are statues outside his house, Apsley House at Hyde Park Corner (these are all London unless otherwise stated) also there is the Quadrigga there, if that counts, a 4 horse victory chariot, (I think there's something similar in Paris, it's not unusual above Triumphal Arches), another equestrian Wellington outside the Royal Exchange, there was another huge one of Wellington at Hyde Park Corner but they moved it to Aldershot (the home of the army) there are 2 in Trafalgar Square, George IV and Charles I (with his head!) Richard I ( the Lionheart) in Parliament Square, and your one, William of Orange in St James Square, again dunno if Boudicea driving her chariot counts, she's on Westminster Bridge

Bendav Postcards

Post by Bendav Postcards »

Hi Rene,

We have a special category "Monuments, Statues" on our own website: http://www.bendavpostcards.com
I am sure there's something of interest for you!

Kind regards,

Dave

Sioux

Post by Sioux »

Hi - I have quite a lot of monuments etc with horses - please contact if still interested - Sioux
René Albert wrote:I'm collecting postcards of historic persons on horseback: equestrian statues. From all over the world. I prefer a close up (a card with only the statue), but always the hole person or the hole statue, not a part. Never a picture from behind. No allegoric figures, but kings, generals, liberators, etc.
Thanks,
René Albert from Holland of the historic person