Exmouth and Chulmleigh: quality cards

Post a list of cards you're looking for in this section.

Moderator: MichaelDay

normanfrank

Exmouth and Chulmleigh: quality cards

Post by normanfrank »

I am looking for quality examples of postcards of EXMOUTH: streets, shops, schools, gardens/parks, leisure, people, harbour/docks, ferries, lifeboat, events. Also, examples of cards by Murduck, Puddicombe, Castle, Lloyd, Appleby. I do NOT need standard views of the seafront/beach/promenade etc. CHULMLEIGH: streets, public houses, agriculture, Charter Fair, Carnival, people, schools.
I am prepared to pay good prices for really good examples.

lemon_martini

Re: Exmouth and Chulmleigh: quality cards

Post by lemon_martini »

I live just down the train line from Exmouth and I'm quite often there,so would happily help gather some up.Can you be a bit more specific about what you would like-any particular attractions-parks,museums etc. you particularly want. I'm afraid my knowledge of postcards stops at rectangular thing you stick a stamp on and post...,but I'm sure there's plenty of cards I can get slightly above the usual view-of-the-town or folk-at-the-beach level

Dartymoor

Post by Dartymoor »

Are you still looking for postcards of Exmouth? If so, in turning out I've found one postmarked October 20, 1908, of Manor Gardens. It shows the Bandstand & about 5 people dressed in Edwardian costume. Let me know if you are interested.

ashley1

Post by ashley1 »

I really hope that postcards will not vanished in the next generation. Please specify the places that really made an attractions there.