R P Phillimore biblography

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Martin S

R P Phillimore biblography

Post by Martin S »

Hi i purchased a book a few years ago which showed all the cards by the artist R P Phillimore, the book has been badly damaged, and i am hoping someone on here might be able to help me locate another one,the book was basically made up from A4 size paper,i bought the book online but for the life of me i cannot remember from where,can anyone help.

About Postcards

Re: R P Phillimore biblography

Post by About Postcards »

It might not be the one you are seeking but a Google search turns up a publication by Greenfriar P, published in May 1985, 60 pages, etc.

You can find copies on the Amazon website by searching for R P Phillimore.

Hope this helps

Martin S

Post by Martin S »

Hi Linda
I have seen this book on Amazon,but it is not what i am seeking,the one i bought before looked home made,i do remember buying a couple of postcard magazines after asking the shop if any past editions had any r p phillimore information,i think the book came from this store.The transaction was online maybe 3 or 4 years ago.
Thanks Martin

About Postcards

Hello Martin,

Do you remember the name of the postcard magazine back issues you purchased? It might help identify where you obtained the Phillimore bibliography. The ones that come to mind are "Picture Postcard Monthly" and “The Postcard Album” (TPA), there are probably others.

Martin S

Post by Martin S »

it was postcard monthly probably about 4/5 years ago thanks martin

About Postcards

Another possibility

"Work of Reginald P.Phillimore in Old Picture Postcards" by Donald Lindgren, published 1991 ISBN 10: 9028852646 / ISBN 13: 9789028852648

About Postcards

Or perhaps
"Checklist of postcards by R.P. Phillimore.
Published 1970 by Joan Humphreys"

I've not located a source for this list but the title is on a couple of web indexes. It looks to be a self published title, the author/publisher location is given as Rochdale.

Martin S

Post by Martin S »

Hi Linda had no luck with that link either,thank you for your help martin

donald.beets2510

Post by donald.beets2510 »

Hi this is Don Beets Here and the book that you are looking for is the two that i produced at home. The first book has the Phillimore information along with the numerical listing of Phillimore and the second book has all the pictures of the postcards that Phillimore produced along with a lot of other Phillimroe information. I still have an extra copy of both books. I charge what the books cost me to produce which I think was 10 and 14 pounds respectively. No charge for postage as I am interested in other Phillimore collectors and not interested in making a profit. In 2014 there were two Phillimore cards that were on sale which I had never seen and was not in my composite listing. I have been collecting Phillimore's for about thirty five years and one's that I don't have are very difficult to find. my home phone number is 01462-684802 and would be happy to speak to you if you so desire. All the Best from Don Beets

Martin S

Post by Martin S »

Hi Don have you still got that copies of books I am very interested,I actually gave up hope of finding them and just had a wee look today ,I have still got a fair way to go in my collection.

Martin S

Post by Martin S »

Thank You Michael Day,contact made and book delivered,i would never have been able to achieve this without the power of the internet and your site,very happy.