Grays real photo cards of London

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Dave43

Grays real photo cards of London

Post by Dave43 »

I may have posted this before but I have 4 of these, unused, I was trying to make a list of them but have only found another 4 with another 1 possible, like the Wrench cards they show different views of London streets to the usual run of the mill. It won't let me attach scans at present, says file is too large but they're B&W RP type, quite distinctive 1920's/30's, the back says Grays real photo series and where the stamp goes it says Printed in Italy, they are numbered No. 1 to at least 50 (Southampton Row)
Dave

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: Grays real photo cards of London

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Be great to see the list of what you have...

An interesting publisher... the IXL series produced London scenes, both coloured and real photo, as well as printed scenes of East Anglia.

But who is this publisher, I wonder?

:?
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

Dave43

Post by Dave43 »

list is more gaps than anything else but here goes, 6 is Piccadilly (street not circus) 8 Charing Cross 20 Southampton Row (I have) 22 New Oxford St 28 Kingsway (I have) 38 Aldwych (I have) 43 Leicester Sq 46 Port of London Authority (slightly diff, on IXL paper bit grubby, mine are pristine but can't remember where I got them from! Its on e bay at moment) 50 Southampton Row (I have) still can't attach scans!

Dave43

Post by Dave43 »

PS these are all B&W